Anonymous GH

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Anonymous GH
Anonymous GH
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Peace! (Peace Program in Israel and Palestine)

Go down

Hello Peace! (Peace Program in Israel and Palestine) Empty Hello Peace! (Peace Program in Israel and Palestine)

Post  This account is not Jeff. Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:50 pm

HELLO PEACE: PEACE MOVEMENTS IN ISRAEL AND PALESTINE

http://www.internationalnetworkforpeace.org/spip.php?article337

What is “Hello Peace!”?
Hello Peace is a system where Israelites and Palestinians can pick up the phone (toll-free) and speak with a person from the “other side” to talk and interact.

It was launched by the Parents Circle, a group of concerned parents in Israel and Palestine who still believe that peace is possible. They have an active forum.

Excerpt on how effective it is:
“ Sammy Waed, a Palestinian, never thought he would become friends with an Israeli soldier, especially one who had occupied his hometown of Ramallah. But using the new hotline, the 20-year-old ended up speaking to Arik, a 23-year-old from Tel Aviv.
“Arik told me how much he hated his army service, because he was in the middle of a civilian population, policing children and causing harm to innocent people,” Waed told New York Daily News special correspondent, Deborah Blachor.
“Before, I thought Israelis didn’t care at all when innocent Palestinians suffer and are killed,” he said. “But now I know they do care and I have hope that there can be peace.” ”
Hello Peace! also spreads its influence via advertising. It appears in billboards and newspapers in Palestine and Israel.
Callers reconnect with each other after terrorist attacks. Callers may remain anonymous and can connect with other people from the other side. They can call as often as they want.
Example of Effectiveness:
One Palestinian connected with a Jew from Israel. The Palestinian wanted the Jew to talk to his children to tell them that Jews aren’t monsters.
Slogan: “It’s time to stop killing and start talking again.”

This account is not Jeff.

Back to top Go down